Salaam alaikum sisters,
Although many of you are not going to hajj this year, (Allah make it easy on those of you of have the opportunity to do so), there are still many ways to take advantage of these blessed days insha’Allah.
1) Fasting (sawm)
2) Help your sons and daughters perform a mock-hajj.
3) Do more good deeds insha’Allah: worship Allah, pray Qiyam and all sunnah prayers, reading Quran, make dhikr, give in charity (sadaqah), etc.
4) Make takbeer (“Allahu akhbar”), tahleel (“la illaha il Allah”), tahmeed (“alhamdulillah”) and tasbeeh (“subhanAllah”)
6) Making sincere repentence for any bad deeds or sins committed. Allah subhana wa t’ala says: “… as for him who repented, believed and did righteous deeds, then he will be among those who are successful.” al-qasas, 28:67
Use Allah’s beautiful names when doing so…Ar-Rahman, Ar-Raheem, Al-Ghaffar, Al-Afuw, Al-Tawwab, Al-Haleem
7) Teach your sons and daughters about Prophet Ibrahim
“Ya Rabbi! Let us open our mind and our hearts and bring us closer to you in this blessed month.”